Hey, I’m Karen
I’m so glad you’re here.
Nourishing Tweens is a place for you to get ideas and for raising healthy, happy, smart tweens and teens. I have recipes, travel tips, and parenting advice that I can’t wait to share with you!
I’m a stay-at-home mom turned work-at-home mom who blogs and does freelance writing and proofreading to help earn some extra money so that my family can travel. I have two funny, clever, goofy kids that I love like crazy!
I’m a former elementary school teacher with a BS in sociology from the University of San Francisco and a teaching credential from Notre Dame de Namur University.
I am a nutrition nerd with a love of learning! I thrive on doing research and wading through all the info out there to bring you helpful, tangible advice on parenting tweens and teens. Since I’ve been blessed with the opportunity to stay at home with my children since my first child was born, I’ve had a chance to focus on:
- Creating yummy family meals that meet our health needs while satisfying adventurous palates AND picky eaters
- Doing lots of healthy baking, much of which is paleo and/or gluten-free
- Planning amazing family vacations that are inexpensive, yet full of learning and relaxation
- Nurturing my kids’ strengths and figuring out how to supplement their learning at home
- Researching how to help my kids with their challenges
- Educating myself about nutrition
I can’t wait to share what I’ve learned with you here on Nourishing
Nourishing Tweens has been featured on:
Recipient of the Liebster Award Nomination from Broke Hockey Mom