This blackberry cocktail is my absolute favorite cocktail! My sweet husband makes it for me whenever we have a bunch of blackberries around. It is summer in a glass!
We originally got this recipe from a Rachael Ray magazine many years ago. I adore Rachael Ray and love to watch her show and read her magazines. I found the original recipe to be a bit too strong, so I add a bit of water once it’s ready. Which has the added bonus of making it last longer!
Be warned, this is not a cocktail for lightweights! You might want to consider eating something with it…
- cocktail shaker
- 10 Blackberries Any type of berry would be delicious
- 2 sprigs Mint
- 1 1/2 oz Gin
- 1 1/2 oz Elderflower liqueur such as St. Germain
- 1/2 Lemon juiced – lime would also be good
- Club soda or water to taste – start with 1/4 cup
- Muddle the leaves of one mint sprig in a cocktail shaker.
- Add 5 berries, and muddle to combine.
- Add the gin, liqueur, lemon juice, and ice. Shake.
- Strain into an ice-filled glass.
- Taste it and if it is too strong, add some club soda or plain water to taste.
- Garnish with remaining blackberries and mint.
Pin for later!