This blackberry cocktail is my absolute favorite cocktail! My sweet husband makes it for me whenever we have a bunch of blackberries around. It is summer in a glass!
We originally got this recipe from a Rachael Ray magazine many years ago. I adore Rachael Ray and love to watch her show and read her magazines. I found the original recipe to be a bit too strong, so I add a bit of water once it’s ready. Which has the added bonus of making it last longer!
Be warned, this is not a cocktail for lightweights! You might want to consider eating something with it…
- cocktail shaker
- 10 Blackberries Any type of berry would be delicious
- 2 sprigs Mint
- 1 1/2 oz Gin
- 1 1/2 oz Elderflower liqueur such as St. Germain
- 1/2 Lemon juiced – lime would also be good
- Club soda or water to taste – start with 1/4 cup
- Muddle the leaves of one mint sprig in a cocktail shaker.
- Add 5 berries, and muddle to combine.
- Add the gin, liqueur, lemon juice, and ice. Shake.
- Strain into an ice-filled glass.
- Taste it and if it is too strong, add some club soda or plain water to taste.
- Garnish with remaining blackberries and mint.
If you love blackberry recipes, check out my article about berry picking which includes all the best blackberry recipes, and the most amazing blackberry cobbler!
Pin for later!