It is time to start Week 3 of the 5-Week Healthy Family Challenge! Remember, the over-arching goal of this challenge is to make some small changes that yield healthy results for your family. No crazy hard goals- just baby step progress!
If you’re new here, welcome! You don’t need to have completed the first two weeks to join in for week 3. The challenge is running until Feb. 9 and there are giveaways each Sunday!
This week, we’ve got a topic that piggybacks off of last week’s topic of stress: sleep. Getting enough sleep is so important for our health, yet many families struggle with getting enough. Why do I say sleep is related to stress? Well, when you’re stressed out you tend to not sleep enough, and when you don’t get enough sleep, it often adds to your stress!
Nourishing Tweens is a participant in several affiliate programs, advertising programs that provides a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and other websites. I only recommend things that I truly like and would use myself. If you click through my links and make a purchase, there is no additional charge to you.
Week 3’s Giveaway
For this week’s giveaway, I’ll be sending my winner a bottle of my favorite “magic bullet” for sleep issues. Young Living’s Tranquil is an essential oil blend that comes in a roller bottle. It eases emotional tension and supports sleep habits. Tranquil contains lavender, cedarwood, and Roman chamomile and is a $38.82 value. To help get yourself ready to sleep, simply roll it onto your wrists or the back of your neck.
Also, Perfect Supplements is continuing to offer a discount to my readers! Use the code TWEENS10 to get 10% off your order! AND I’ve got some fantastic news- Jan. 21-28, the discount increases to 15%! Or if you choose 3 items you get 25% off! They have several supplements that can help support sleep, such as magnesium, acai, and Rhodiola Rosea. They also have an anti-anxiety bundle that is discounted, and you can get an additional discount with my code! Just go to the Perfect Supplements website and search “anxiety” to find the bundle, or search “sleep” to find all their products that support sleep.
How to Participate in the Challenge
Let’s do it!
Each day, take some time to learn about how sleep benefits your family members and do a little something to help improve the quality and quantity of your family’s sleep. I will continue doing Facebook lives to give you some inspiration! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Read my featured article this week: Your Tweens and Teens Need More Sleep!
- Using that article, evaluate your family’s sleep habits. How many hours is each family member getting? Is it enough?
- Think about your family’s bedtime routines. Is there one, or do you fly by the seat of your pants? What could be tweaked to set you up for success?
- Do the same with morning routines – could some of the to-do items of the morning be moved to the evening so that wake-up time could be later?
- Look at the atmosphere created in your teen or tween’s bedroom…is it relaxing? Dark? Quiet? Tech-free?
I look forward to seeing your posts on Facebook and Instagram this week sharing your participation in the challenge! Don’t forget – the more you participate, the more entries you get in the giveaway! And invite your friends! In case you need a reminder, here is how to enter the giveaways:
- Start by clicking here to sign up for the challenge. When you sign up, a free printable will be sent to you to help you keep track of your progress. This will add you to my email list (if you’re not already on it). Don’t worry, I won’t spam you. I normally send a newsletter out once every week or two. During the challenge, I might have one extra email each week.
- Following me on Facebook will add another entry! Click here to follow me!
- Liking my Facebook posts about the challenge will earn you another entry (and yes, I mean for every post I do about the challenge, you can like it and will earn another entry for each post)
- Comment on my Facebook posts about the challenge and earn another entry!
- Comment on my Facebook lives during the challenge…earn another entry!
- Share my posts or videos on Facebook and earn THREE ENTRIES!
- Follow me on Instagram to earn another entry! Click here to follow me on Instagram.
- Each time you like or comment on my Instagram posts about the challenge, earn another entry!
- Tag a friend on my Instagram posts about the challenge and earn an entry for each friend you tag
- Participate by posting on Instagram about your participation and progress on the challenge – tag it #5weekhealthyfamilychallenge and #nourishingtweens to earn TWO ENTRIES! And yes, I mean two entries each time!
- Leave a helpful or positive comment on this post or the post about sleep to earn an entry!
This week’s article has lots of info about how much sleep teens and tweens need, why, and how to help them! Please click on over and read it!